Racial Disparities of COVID-19
6 webinars available
2 new webinars available on-demand:
How You Can Have a Direct Impact on Reducing The Devastating Racial Disparities of COVID-19
The numbers are stark: Black Americans represent 13% of the population but they have suffered 23% of COVID-19 deaths. Native Americans are also suffering much greater incidence of COVID-19 deaths.
Nurses are in the key position to positively impact these COVID-19 disparities.
Program content provides clarity on the stark challenges faced by Black and Native American people during the pandemic. After viewing this on-demand webinar, you will have very specific actions you can take immediately to save more lives.
- The magnitude and origins of COVID-19 racial disparities
- Addressing the roots of the problem
- Facing Implicit Bias: An effort we all must make
- How to translate insight and knowledge into lifesaving actions
- Points of intervention when caring for a COVID-19 patient and how you can make an impact each step of the way
When the history of the COVID-19 pandemic is written, racial disparities may be its saddest and most avoidable chapter. View this webinar and discover how you can take actions now to help to turn this dire situation around.
COVID-19 in Non-Acute Care Settings:
Hard-Earned Lessons from Two APRNs on the Frontlines
As new cases of COVID-19 continue to emerge across the country, nurses working in all settings will be challenged to recognize and manage these patients quickly and effectively. This webinar brings new perspectives from outside the acute care setting that will be valuable for not only ambulatory care nurses but also for nurses in all facilities caring for COVID-19 patients.
- What to anticipate as your COVID-19 cases increase
- Valuable tips based on real-life experience caring for COVID-19 patients in the ambulatory setting
- You know more than you think: The benefits of your infection control fundamentals
- How traditional roles that nurses fill take on new urgency in the COVID-19 environment, including advocate, educator, caregiver, and many others
- You are not alone: The range of emotions that nurses feel while caring for COVID-19 patients
View this on-demand webinar and discover key ways to manage your environment, your patient and your safety. You will be inspired, reassured, and better prepared to care for COVID-19 patients.
Who should attend: ALL NURSES IN ALL SETTINGS
The other webinars in the ANA COVID-19 Webinar Series are:
- How to Survive the Pandemic with An Unbroken Spirit: Actions to Take Right Now to Stay Strong and Focused
- How to Respond to Ethical Challenges and Moral Distress during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic (focus on PPE)
- Ventilator Management: Essential Skills for Non-ICU Nurses