Surviving with an unbroken spirit - on demand webinar
The President of the American Psychiatric Association and many others - see below
Registration is FREE for both ANA members and non-members.
Please let interested nurse colleagues know about this opportunity.
The impact of caring for COVID-19 patients on nurses’ mental health is now well known. The content of this 60 minute on-demand webinar gives you the best and most up-to-date tools to stay strong and focused on your vitally important work and find calmness in the chaos.
Presented by nurse experts who serve on ANA’s Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation’s Strength through Resiliency Committee, this program focuses on:
- Brand-new screening resources developed to detect mental health issues in nurses caring for COVID-19 patients
- How to perform a reliable self-assessment
- Successfully deal with your own grief and bereavement in the fast-paced environment of COVID-19
- Effective ways to cope with your other emotions: Anger, loneliness, isolation, anxiety, depression, fear
- Proven, evidence-based ways to improve your resilience now and into the future
- Recommendations for tools, resources, and apps that will help you deal with the mental health challenges of caring for COVID-19
- Suicide prevention: Helping yourself and your colleagues during this diffcult time
- Getting the help you need: What to do when you need additional help and where to get it
Who should attend: ALL NURSES IN ALL SETTINGS
Sattaria 'Tari' Dilks, DNP, APRN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP
President, American Psychiatric Nurses Association
Professor and Co-coordinator of Graduate Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Professions, McNeese State University
Dr. Dilks is a professor of nursing at McNeese State University and co-coordinator of McNeese’s Master of Science in Nursing programs. She is an elected fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Bernadette Melnyk, PhD, APRN-CNP, FAANP, FNAP, FAAN
Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer, Professor and Dean of the College of Nursing at The Ohio State University (OSU), Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry at OSU’s College of Medicine, and Executive Director of the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice.
Dr. Melnyk is an elected fellow of the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Nursing, the National Academies of Practice, and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Judy E. Davidson DNP RN MCCM FAAN
Nurse Scientist University of California San Diego Health; Scientist, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego School of Medicine; Doctor of Nursing Practice, Case Western Reserve
Holly Carpenter, BSN, RN
Senior Policy Advisor, Nursing Practice & Work Environment Department, American Nurses Association
Holly was instrumental in developing and growing the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™ (HNHN) nurse wellness initiative. Her responsibilities include nurse mental health, suicide prevention, improving public immunization rates, and addressing other occupational health topics for nurses.
Please join us for this valuable webinar!
Made possible by the generosity the American Nurses Foundation.